Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Day at Montessori School--Hand in Hand

Oh my oh my....I am having a hard time writing this, not only because I feel like I was just holding him in my arms at a mere 6 pounds 6 ounces but because he is  now 2-1/2 years old and had his first day at Montessori School.  Mind you its only for a half day, but he's my first born, the one who gave me my first real experience with nausea when he was in my tummy and the first angel I ever fell in love with  the moment our eyes met.  He's my Kings and I don't want him to grow up!  Sadly I know time doesn't stop and honestly I can't wait to see what positive things he brings to this world, but time is moving at warp speed, just slow down for two seconds so I don't miss a moment watching him and his brother.

Well, enough about that.....we pulled up to school and with his lunch pail in hand we headed hand in hand into school and Ms. Smith greeted us before we even walked in.  She is a sweetheart and loves her kids.  Kings put his lunch away in the fridge and off he went.

With tears in my eyes, he went to play with another little boy and when Ms. Smith asked him to say goodbye to Mommy he turned around to me, ran at a full sprint, hugged me tight, gave me a kiss and said "BYE MOMMY!"

I walked out with a little uneasiness, hoping that he would not have any accidents (side note: we are actively working on potty training, and Kings had no diapers or pull-ups to fall back on, only big boy undies) and went directly to work, while messaging family and friends his new school picture.



The day dragged on a little and I only called once to check in on him.  Pick-up time couldn't come soon enough and I was excited to see his little face as I walked into school.  He was banging on a bell as his 2 friends filled me in on what he did today.  Ms. Smith happily reported that he only had one accident, even though I supplied her with a full week's worth of clothes. ;0)  You can never be too careful, right?
Kings had a huge smile on his face and seemed to enjoy his first day at school and told Ms. Smith and his friends that he would see them tomorrow.

And hand in hand as we left school, Kings waved goodbye and my heart felt at ease because his first day was a success and he was a happy kid.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...