Sunday, February 20, 2011

From three to a family of 4....

Seriously 9 months of pregnancy flew by so quick...I remember looking at that pregnancy test in awe that we were bringing another little baby into this world and next thing I knew I was at triage on a Wednesday at 3pm getting ready to check-in for my 5pm scheduled C-section appointment.
Wait!  Was I ready for this?  I mean I had cried the night before looking at my first born son and at only 20 months old he was becoming a big brother in less than 24 hours.  How could I love another, the way that I loved him for the past year and a half? Or better yet did I even have enough love to give this new little guy?
As  I changed into my backless hospital gown, received my IV and answered numerous questions from the nurse, I literally waited 20 minutes before being led into the surgery room.  What cold place to walk into!!  Everyone was extremely friendly but I found myself instantly shivering from the drop in temperature.  My Doctor helped me onto the surgery table and I immediately

Time would tell to my earlier uneasiness about having enough love to give a second time. However, that question was answered at 5:31pm and as soon as Baby K entered this world and our eyes met it was literally love at first sight all over again.  He was perfect weighing in a 6 pounds 6 ounces, wait, did I hear that correctly?  Yes!  He weighed the exact same weight as his older brother did!!!  He had a full head of black hair and 2 big dimples.  Don't ask me where those came from because my main squeeze and I do not have dimples!  He was pure perfection!



As my husband headed off with Baby K, I spent another 45 minutes on the operating table being sewn back together ;0)  Oddly, I was extremely comfortable the entire time and I have to say that this second C-Section was 10 times better than the first.
After being wheeled into recovery, I saw Baby K again and he was truly an angel and he looked identical to his older brother.  He and bonded together for the next three days at the hospital and on Friday, it was time for us to go home and start our life together going from three to now a family of four!  And we wouldn't have it any other way!

Loves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...